Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chanel May — Swatch & Review

Wow, all of February escaped without a single blog post! I wish I'd posted more, but my new circumstances have prevented me. I'll tell you all about it at the end of this post!

So I've noticed that I don't really have all that many pinks in my stash, which is part of why I decided to get Chanel Le Vernis in May #535. This is of course one of the trio of nail polishes from the Harmonie de Printemps Spring 2012 makeup collection. Another reason I decided to get May is because I love the whole collection and I wanted to have the complete set. Although this pink is not too out of the ordinary, I don't have anything to compare it to since I have relatively few pinks.

May is a very neutral shade. Sometimes it seems to lean warm, and other times it seems more on the cool end of the spectrum. I think it's a shade that would suit most skin tones. I used two coats for this swatch. The formula is smooth and easy to apply, with a slightly squishy quality although I wouldn't call it a jelly. Even if May is a fairly ordinary pink, I'm quite pleased to own it as it's a well made polish.


I took a picture with all three polish colors from the Spring collection. I just love how April, May and June all look together.


Ok I promised to explain my long absence, so I shall! About a month ago I started working full time in a nail salon. Yes, I'm in fact a licensed nail tech! I've had my license for a little over a year, but this is my first job in that capacity, so I didn't think it was worth mentioning until I really "earned" the title by working as a nail tech. Painting your own nails, friends' nails, or even the nails of the other ladies in my nail tech class is entirely different from giving full manicures and pedicures to paying customers in the busy salon. It's a tough job which makes me very tired at the end of the day, but I also love it and I'm very lucky that I have genuinely wonderful coworkers.

Since I always get home after the sun has already gone down, I haven't been able to make any swatches. So, it's time for me to get some of those super bright daylight lamps and a light box so I can take some photos in the evening. I'm slowly getting used to the busy work day, and building up stamina so I'm not quite so enormously exhausted when I get home. I hope I'll be able to get back to posting at least once or twice a week! =)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how my pal Wesley Virgin's adventure starts with this shocking and controversial video.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "MIND CONTROL" tactics that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    As it turns out, these are the EXACT same methods tons of celebrities (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become rich and successful.

    You've heard that you use less than 10% of your brain.

    That's really because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this thought has even occurred INSIDE your very own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind about seven years ago, while riding an unlicensed, beat-up trash bucket of a car without a license and $3 on his debit card.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with going through life check to check! When will I finally make it?"

    You took part in those types of thoughts, isn't it so?

    Your success story is going to be written. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Learn How To Become A MILLIONAIRE Fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it turns out, these are the EXACT same methods tons of celebrities (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become rich and successful.

    You've heard that you use less than 10% of your brain.

    That's really because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this thought has even occurred INSIDE your very own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind about seven years ago, while riding an unlicensed, beat-up trash bucket of a car without a license and $3 on his debit card. My Website
    this Website
    Blog Website
    My webpage
    Check Website

    ReplyDelete