Thursday, December 1, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Review & Swatches

Hey, who got lipstick on my nail blog?!

I knew eventually the day would come when another type of beauty product would edge its way in here. You know how it is! I'm into nail polish, but sometimes lipstick scrambles my brain and I wind up buying it. Given how infrequently I actually wear lipstick, this happens all too often! But in this case, I'm glad because I really like the two Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters I picked up at CVS during a BOGO 50% off sale.

This line has 20 shades all together, but there were maybe 5 left in the display. These have been getting great reviews and hype, so no wonder most of them were gone already. Luckily for me, there were still tubes of Lollipop and Candy Apple. The packaging is cheap looking but also cute and not too flimsy.


The lipstick swivels up smoothly and locks firmly in place when you swivel it back down.


Candy Apple is a bright red with orange undertones, and Lollipop is a vibrant fuchsia with a small amount of fine glitter. It's subtle and you can't see it most of the time. I swatched each color twice on the back of my hand. The upper swatch is just one swipe of the product, and the lower swatch is three. I wanted to show how pigmented both shades are even at just one swipe.


These are meant to be a cross between lipstick and lip balm, and in my opinion they succeed beautifully. I have read some mixed reviews of some of the lighter shades in this line. I think going for the more vibrant colors gave me exactly what I wanted out of these. I found the texture very smooth and easy to work with. It really does feel buttery and moisturizing, too. These are easier for me to apply these than a full blown lipstick because these glide better and the first swipe is less intense than a traditional lipstick. Because I'm a little shy about bright lip colors (but not nail colors!) I like being able to build and control how much color is on my lips. For me, this is just the right style of lipstick to help me branch out into more exciting lip colors.

These retail for about $7-$8 at drugstores and you get .09g of product. They are not limited edition, so if you missed the temporary display, no need to worry. I've been hearing they'll be integrated into the permanent display around New Year's.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review of these =) I am going to have to pick some up on my next trip to Target =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this in Candy Apple about a month ago and I LOOOOVE IT!!!!! So so much! It has definitely become my favorite lip product, it's so smooth and buttery and the color is amazing! My mom made me get one for her too! Great review!

    ReplyDelete