Friday, September 30, 2011

L'Oréal Cockatoo's Mystery — New LE Project Runway Collection

I love finding the limited edition drugstore collections! I think it's the thrill of the hunt. Yesterday in CVS I came across a whole series of Project Runway collections from L'Oréal. There were four mini collections, each with a wild theme: Charming Cockatoo, Watchful Owl, Audacious Amazon, and Sultry Raven. Each collection had two nail colors along with some other makeup products. I picked out one each from the Cockatoo and Owl collections.

First, here's Cockatoo's Mystery. It's an elegant, warm gray. I have a feeling there's probably an Essie dupe for this color, but if you can believe it I don't own any grays aside from this one now!


This may not be the most unique color, but I'm really loving it. This swatch is three coats. The formula was really easy to work with. I was expecting it to be a little chalky because of how pale the color is, but in fact it was completely smooth. I also really like L'Oréal's brush. It's flat, but not huge and mop-like! It's one of my favorite brushes out there.

Next, I'll show you swatches of Owl's Night!

4 comments:

  1. It's so pretty... I love the natural colors during this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is turning into one of my current favorite polishes, it definitely fits the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my nails now (over RBL Jane) and I think I have found my perfect gray. I love Gray polish and this one is just right in the middle of all the shades out there. I have to agree the brush on this is so easy to work with. I have not had a Loreal polish in years as they are hard to find in our local drugstores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I purchase this nail polish

    ReplyDelete