Friday, October 14, 2011

Nubar Dark Wash Jeans VS Chanel Blue Rebel

Hello! I got my Nubar Jeans in the mail yesterday and I couldn't wait to get a comparison shot for you all. I only purchased one of the Les Jeans De Chanel polishes. Here is Chanel Blue Rebel in comparison to Nubar Dark Wash Jeans. Blue Rebel is on the index and ring fingers, and Dark Wash is on the middle and pinky fingers.


As you can see, they are incredibly similar. You might not even be able to tell the difference from the picture. Chanel Blue Rebel is just a hair lighter, but that is the only discernible difference. The texture and application of the Nubar polish is almost identical to the Chanel. They both need two easy coats to be opaque, and have a hint of gooey viscosity to their texture that makes them easy to control and apply.

Here's Nubar Dark Wash Jeans on its own:


Please try to ignore my hot pink sweater being reflected in these pictures! I should have worn a more neutral piece of clothing while I was swatching. =p

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this comparision! Those seem too similar to get them both. I'd go for the Nubar one as it's much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think that they would be so similar! Thanks for swatching..will definitely get Nubar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both polishes are gorgeous. I'm hoping to get my hands on the Chanel as Nubar isn't sold in my country. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look very similar, nice shades

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am so glad I didn't shell out $29! This Nubar is similar enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look the same to me! They're both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the different pricepoints, I'll take nubar! Really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete